Sunday 27 November 2011

RNLI Reindeer Run and an Award!

Braved blustery winds again this morning for the annual RNLI Reindeer 10k run at Knowsley Safari park (the fourth time I've done this event). Completed in 51 minutes and 49 seconds which I was quite pleased with given the cross country terrain and up hill climb between 7km and 9km.

Very proud and extremely humbled after the race to be presented with an outstanding achievement award from the RNLI for my fundraising over the past 4 years since my sailing accident and subsequent rescue by the Abersoch RNLI crew. Just over £6,400 raised in that time from Great North Run's, Great Swim's, various 10km runs and a few Triathlons this year.

Thanks to everyone for their very generous donations over this time, words of encouragement and to the Abersoch RNLI crew for being there when I needed them!