Sunday 26 June 2011

Liverpool Sprint Triathlon ~ Done! (Time - 1:32:39)

Had a fantastic time at the Liverpool Triathlon today in my first proper Triathlon! Really was a world class event with competitors in the Elite Olympic Distance coming from all over the world to compete... a bit daunting really!

In the Sprint event (750m swim, 20km Bike and 5km run) I finished in 1 hour 32 mins and 39 seconds coming 150th out of a total 389 competitors and 12th out of 34 in my age group... So although a bit disapointed with the time (I'd have liked to have finished in under an hour and a half) above average in the competitor field

My splits were:-

Swim =17mins 32Secs (ok... Lots of people swimming over the top of each other!)
T1 (swim to bike) = 2mins 43 secs (1 min better than Pwllheli Tri)
Bike = 43mins 38 Secs (Quite pleased, a new PB... did 45:42 for the same distance at Pwllheli Tri... Almost crashed near the finish when a girl took a wrong route in front of me!)

T2 (bike to run) = 1min 40 secs (about 20 secs better than Pwllheli)
Run = 27mins 3 seconds (not great, ran 26.15 at Pwllheli Tri. First mile was hard, better in the latter part but very hot and sunny which was a bit draining)

I think there's room for improvement in the Swim, T1 and Run...

Most importantly raised another few quid for the RNLI ahead of my main fundraiser later this year... Total today stands at £187.50 :-)

Looking forward to the Tatton Triathlon! Double the distance and hoping to get under 3 hours!